The following links apply to Valeant and all of its U.S. subsidiaries
To submit requests for educational grants, you may visit our website here.
To submit requests for IISs, you may visit our website here.
For grants sponsored by Bausch+Lomb, you may visit their website here.
Valeant recognizes that professional schools and residency programs are the beginning of a healthcare professional’s training. For the rest of their careers, healthcare professionals rely on continuing medical education to help them improve their practice and deliver high-quality, safe, effective patient care. Educational grants cover the full range of topics important to healthcare—from the latest breakthroughs in research to how to communicate with families.
Valeant is committed to improving the quality of life for patients and supporting the on-going medical and scientific education of healthcare professionals. Accordingly, Valeant provides grants to support bona-fide educational programs. Valeant has appointed a grants committee to review, consider, approve or disapprove all grant requests.
You may review the educational grants already approved by Valeant here.
Valeant recognizes that Investigator-initiated studies (IIS) enable research that has the potential to improve the treatment of disease, patient outcomes and the quality of healthcare. Support is awarded based on the scientific merit of each submitted proposal. The IIS program is offered to all academic and community-based scientists who are interested in conducting their own research.
In general, investigator-initiated studies are smaller in scale than Phase IV trials and are “proof of concept” or “exploratory” in nature. The budget should reflect “fair market value” for all costs. Valeant may provide funding and other forms of support, such as clinical trial material, to support studies initiated and sponsored by outside researchers.
Valeant is committed to improving the quality of life for patients and supporting the on-going medical and scientific education of healthcare professionals and customers. Accordingly, Valeant provides grants to support bona-fide scientific research. Valeant has appointed a grants committee to review, consider, approve or disapprove all grant requests.
You may review the investigator-initiated studies already approved by Valeant here.
The policy that supports Valeant’s grant funding complies with:
- The Office of Inspector General (OIG) Compliance Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers;
- The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Commercial Support of Educational Programs;
- The Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association (PhRMA) Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and the Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) Code of Ethics on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals;
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Guidance on Industry Supported Scientific and Educational Activities;
- The American Medical Association (AMA) Guidelines on Continuing Medical Education; and
- Valeant internal policies, guidelines and applicable standard operating procedures.